Today I did the manliest thing ever– I changed my car’s CD player!
My Kenwood KDC-339S that I won on Lelong.com.my about a week ago came today and boy, I was as excited as a kid on crack!
After work I tried fixing it into my car but realized that it used a smaller sized connector than my previous CD player. So I decided to go to a mechanic to get it done. The workshop was closed by the time I reached it but I wanted to test the product! So being the adventurous (lol) guy I am, I decided to take matters into my own hands and get the job done myself.
This was the first time I had ever attempted such a thing on my car. Anyway to cut the long story short, I managed to rewire the connections and fixed the CD player successfully. It wasn’t too hard, but it was a tedious process- I had to make sure each wire was connected to the corresponding wire. The first time I turned on my car to test the player I thought I was gonna short circuit the whole car. Haha. I was such a n00b with the wire cutters- countless times I cut a wire instead of just stripping the outer layer off, but good thing I had a lot of room for error :p My wires kept getting lose (I had no duct tape, so I used the used duct tape from the old wires and masking tape haha). I hope the masking tape doesn’t catch fire. I’ll have to get some duct tape and replace the masking tape soon.
Wow, this was a fucking boring post. I have no idea why I even wrote it.
I now know how to install a car CD player! *levels up*